Wednesday 12 November 2008

Tandoori chicken with coconut rice and salad

Tandoori chicken with coconut rice and tomato saladContinuing on my Indian theme, here is another meal which I like to cook using Indian flavours: tandoori chicken served with coconut rice and salad.

To make the chicken, I marinate some mini drumsticks in some tandoori paste which has been mixed with equal parts yoghurt. I put it in a little plastic bag and leave it in the fridge all day. I fry it in a frying pan until cooked, and it turns out so tender and delicious. If you have an oven, you could just pop the drumsticks in the oven for about half an hour.

To make the rice, I cook basmati rice in water with about half a can of coconut milk mixed in. Then, after it's cooked, I mix in a little shredded coconut.

I like to have some vegies with every meal, so I served a simple baby tomato salad which was flavoured with parsely, salt and cracked black pepper, and drizzled with a little extra virgin olive oil.

Puppodums, naan bread and raita
On the side, I served some puppodums and naan bread with raita. I made the raita by mixing yoghurt with a grated cucumber, a clove of crushed garlic and a squeeze of lemon. The leftovers make a lovely dip with some chips or crackers!

No comments: