Thursday 30 October 2008

I feel like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight!

I was looking for a change from the usual burgers I make, and stumbled across this recipe from taste.com.au - which is, by the way, a great website!


Of course, once again, I couldn't get all the ingredients I need; damn you Japan! So I made many adaptions. Here they are:


First of all, I replaced the fresh basil and mint with a good sprinkling of dried basil and mint.


Second, I don't have a food processor in which to make breadcrumbs, so I just used some bought ones.


Furthermore, I don't like the idea of putting yoghurt all over my burger, so I made my own sauce - mayonnaise mixed with sweet chilli sauce. Very yummy!


Finally, I halved the recipe so that it just serves two, not four.


All in all, it worked out ok, but the hubby and I found it a bit too lemony. Next time, I won't use all that lemon rind.


Anyway, this is a good idea for something different, and quite filling served with a few chips and some extra mayo/sweet chilli sauce.


Chicken burger with chips and creamy chilli sauce

No comments: