Friday 28 November 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup

Asian Chicken Noodle Soup Hi folks!

This next culinary creation is a from a favourite recipe of mine, titled "Asian Chicken Noodle Soup." Which particular "Asian" country this is supposed to be based on, I couldn't tell you! Anyway, you can find the recipe here.

I pretty much stuck to this recipe entirely (for a change!), except I used dried chillis instead of fresh ones, and I halved the recipe so that it only served the two of us.
Japanese seven spice powder
Oh, also, I sprinkled over a little Japanese seven spice powder (Shichimi in Japanese). It's a very popular condiment here, and is basically a red, spicy powder which adds a little heat and flavour, without being too over the top.

I love this dish! It is low fat, cheap, easy and totally delicious. The weather is becoming quite frosty over here in Japan these days, so I'm enjoying experimenting with a few soup recipes.

It's quite nice to serve a few steamed dumplings on the side, too.

No comments: